Thursday, July 14, 2016

BECCA Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette - First Impressions

S$80 from Sephora.sg 
US$52 from Sephora.com
Will be launched at Sephora ION, Singapore on 22 July 2016
Made in USA

This palette is one of the most beautiful I've seen and own!  The palette feels solid, looks beautiful and I love that its so shiny.

The product are all extremely pigmented, both highlighters are very beautiful with fine shimmers, you will definitely love them On the other hand, they feels alittle soft and do kick up some powder when I dip my brush into it.  By that I mean, the powder is not as tightly pressed as Nars or Mac's blushes for example.  It seems to me they might shatter easily.

The compact has a large mirror which I love, and it opens approximately 150 degrees (Check out picture below, for reference 180 degrees is where the compact opens completely flat. 90 degrees is a right angle), which is amazing.  You'll appreciate it after owing products like Burberry's blushes, which opens approximately 90 degrees.  However, the hinges isn't tight enough, if I want the mirror to stay at another angle, say 120 degrees, it will drop to its maximum with any movement. But that could just be a flaw with my compact and others may not have that problem.

Of the blushes, my favorite is Pamplemousse.  Its a beautiful strawberry red with tiny and sparse imperceptible shimmers.  Rose Spritz is extremely shimmery, will work over matte blush when you want a glow on your cheeks.  Amaretto doesn't work on my skintone (I'm ethnically Chinese for reference), I'd probably use it as an eyeshadow color.  

I recommend using brushes like Wayne Goss' No. 14 or The Air-Brush with this palette.  Because all the shades are so pigmented, these brushes will pick up the right amount and give a beautiful application.

This palette keeps running out of stock at Sephora.com, so do check it out when it comes into Sephora stores on 22 July 2016!






Swatches applied using a brush, in the order of the palette

Heavier swatch
Made in USA

 


Thanks for viewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment