Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Paula's Choice Resist C15 Super Booster Review

Price: S$68 / US$48 (From Paula's Choice website)
20ml (Good for 3 months after opening)
My skin: Combination with hyper-pigmentation




I have been using this product for 2.5 months and I have seen visible results!  It took that long but its worth it! I have hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks and on the bridge of my nose. After 2.5 months of using this, the hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks has visibly diminished by more than 50%, and my overall complexion seem clearer. Sadly the hyper-pigmentation on my nose does not seem to have changed.

This product contains 15% Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Ferulic acid, and Peptides that repairs visible signs of aging and stimulates collagen production. 15% Vitamin C is very potent considering most other products may not even contain half that. Most products also do not state the amount of Vitamin C they contains which makes choosing the right product harder.  Use 15% - 20% Vitamin C for stubborn hyper-pigmentations.

How i use it | I add 1-2 drops to my serum in the morning, remember your SPF if you are using this.  At night, i added 2-3 drops to my nighttime serum. I use this everyday, twice a day for 2.5 months and the strange thing is, i seem to notice the results only recently.  It does not seem to improve gradually but suddenly! I have been checking for improvements to my hyper-pigmentation regularly and starting to wonder if this is another fail. Then viola! Check this link for more information on the benefits of Vitamin C!  Its my favorite skincare ingredient!

Even though instructions says it may be used alone, I've heard it may cause oxidation ie. the skin where it is applied turns yellow during the day.  I have not experienced it as I've never used it alone.  Do keep the bottle away from sunlight, preferably in a cool, dark place.  I store my skincare in an opaque container.

I feel its almost impossible to finish the entire bottle in 3 months if you use it only on your face and decolletage.  However, since Vitamin C is pretty unstable when exposed to air, its effectiveness will deteriorate after open the bottle for 3 months.

 
This is a new bottle of C15, its a transparent liquid, like water.

  
The color of C15 nearing the 3rd month. I asked Paula's Choice if its still good to use when the color turned yellow like in this picture. They said its alright since its not passed 3 months from openin the bottle. 


Extract from Paula's Choice website:

"Resist C15 Super Booster is a concentrated, light-as-water liquid treatment product designed to supercharge your Paula's Choice serum, or it may be used alone. A blend of 15% stabilized vitamin C (l-ascorbic acid) at a pH of 3.0, antioxidant vitamin E, ferulic acid, and peptides repairs visible signs of aging and stimulates collagen production for smoother, brighter, and firmer skin.

Vitamin C also helps protect skin from environmental damage as it evens your skin tone. You'll see dramatically younger, healthier, and more radiant skin in weeks!

 
Who is this product for?
Resist C15 Super Booster is for anyone who wants to boost the results from their Paula's Choice serum or who wants to experience the benefits of vitamin C when combined with other proven anti-aging ingredients. The formula is suitable for all skin types and also appropriate for breakout-prone skin.


Product Ingredients:
Water, Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C/antioxidant), Ethoxydiglycol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), PPG-26 Buteth-26 (emulsifier), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (thickener), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Ferulic Acid (antioxidant), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Acetyl Octapeptide-3 (cell-communicating ingredient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Panthenol (skin conditioning agent), Sodium Metabisulfite (stabilizer/antioxidant), Triethanolamine (pH adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (preservative)."


CONCLUSION:

This is highly recommended for lightening hyper-pigmentation and I've seen the best result to-date.

No comments:

Post a Comment