Monday, June 27, 2016

CHOSUNGAH 22
 Bounce Up Pact Powder Foundation Review


CHOSUNGAH 22
Bounce Up Pact Powder Foundation 
SGD55 at SASA / USD36 from Sephora


For reference, i have combination skin and i'm NC 20-25 in Mac terms. I'm testing it in a hot and humid climate.

In Singapore and most asian countries, Korean makeup tends to only carry just 2 very fair shades, the darker which matches me or sometimes be slightly too fair.  I purchased shade 2, the darker shade and it matched me pretty well.  Sephora in USA carries 4 shades in total. Some other Korean makeup now make darker shades to cater to the western market.  It has a very light fragrance that quite nice.

The texture of the foundation is pretty unique, i fell in love the minute i swatched it in Sasa.  The reason i didn't purchase it immediately was because i'm not sure if it would work on dry skin. I have combination skin, oily T-zone and dry cheeks. It also contains very fine shimmers thats not noticeable on the face unless you look very closely and in some lighting it may be more noticeable.

The texture feels in between a solid cream foundation in compact and a powder. It doesn't 'bounce' as much as Maybelline's dream bouncy blush. When swatched, the finish is not dry like a powder foundation, but has a satin finish. Its beautiful on my hand. 

Its a light to medium coverage and I have been using it for the past two weeks. I switched between using the puff it came and Missha cushion puff. The original puff feels weird and plastic-y. It doesn't seem to absorb the foundation and feels alittle sticky and disgusting.

When swatched on the back of my hand, the finish is beautiful! Satin finish, doesn't look dry nor too dewy. I went home excited to try it. 

However, this did not work for my combination skin.  It clings to the dry areas of the skin and look a little patchy up close. When i try to get more coverage, even the oily areas looked patchy. Some days it went into my pores and no other foundation has done that! I used it for 2 weeks because i wanted to like it so badly. Some days the finish is more even, some days its patchy. I just can't make it work... I thought my SPF may be the issue and tried one day without sunscreen on one side of my face. Same thing happened... When i try applying a second layer for more coverage, it gets patchy and disgusting. Its also not long-lasting. When i've perspired alittle, it wipes off so easily i'm shocked!  This is the worst foundation i have ever used and its not cheap either!!!

Extract from Sephora website:

What it is: 
A long-lasting, unique powder foundation with a bouncy formula that leaves a velvety finish. 

What it does: 
Once it's applied, this foundation’s bouncy, high-coverage formula softly melts on skin and doesn’t smudge. Non-sticky and long-lasting, it smoothly delivers coverage and imparts a delicate, velvety radiance. Infused with moisturizing camellia oil, evening primrose oil, bladderwrack, African walnut oil, and sea buckthorn fruit extract, it hydrates and evens the skintone. Formulated with peptides and anemarrhena asphodeloides extract, this foundation hydrates and supports the skin's elasticity while creating a silky, flawless finish. Just apply a second layer to areas where you want fuller coverage.

SUMMARYTHIS PRODUCT IS SO HYPED BUT FOR ME, ITS A DISASTER. I'M SURE IT WORKED FOR OTHER PEOPLE, THIS REVIEW IS ONLY HOW IT PERFORMED ON MY SKIN.  I WOULD RECOMMEND FOUNDATION FROM BOURJOIS, THEY ARE INEXPENSIVE AND AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment